Captures a super panoramic view in high-definition image quality
HDP-2800ES High Definition
Diagonal Fisheye conversion Lens 0.28x
The HDP-2800ES lens is a conversion lens for capturing an ultra wide angle image in using with the High Definition Digital camcorder. The lens is particularly designed to be in focus through the whole zoom range of up to 5x*. The lens is made of the high index optical glass in 3-group/3-element formula, and it's made in compact size and light weight. It achieved a high resolution power of 475 lines/mm at center (MTF30%). Mounting on the wide-angle lens of f=26mm or less (35mm film equivalent) focal length, it will be possible to shoot the scene of 180-degree diagonal**.
The two adapter rings of 37mm and 43mm come with the lens in the original factory package for use with the same filter sized lenses.
A true High-Definition quality edge to edge
It creates a -64% distortion image,
obtaining the Fisheye effect.
3-Group / 3-element High Definition Design
205g Compact size design
Specifications & Measurements
Sturdy and solid metal and ABS/PC hybrid body
Actual 0.18x Diagonal, 0.32x Horizontal
● The specifications and cosmetic designs may change without a notice. ● For 37mm filter sized camera : A 52-37mm adapter ring is already mounted on the HDP-2800ES originally and you can mount the HDP-2800ES directly by screwing onto 37mm filter sized camera lens. For other than 37mm filter sized camera lens : Remove the 52-37mm adapter ring from the HDP-2800ES by unscrewing and then replace it with the appropriate thread sized adapter ring. Then you can mount the HDP-2800ES onto the front filter threads of the camera lens by screwing.
● The HDP-2800ES lens is a precision optical instrument, assembled with critical alignment tolerances. Do not subject it to severe shock and to the conditions of excessive cold, heat or humidity.
● Do not use the built-in flash when the HDP-2800ES lens is attached on. If you do, the shadow of the lens may show on the picture.
● To avoid any damages on the front lens of the camera in use with the HDP-2800ES lens, please make sure the adapter ring is to be mounted on first. It can not be mounted direct on the 52mm filter sized camera lens. Please mount our original adapter ring RA5252B sold separately if need to use HDP-2800ES lens onto 52mm filter sized camera lens.
● There may be some chances of malfunction of the remote control when used while the HDP-2800ES lens is on. So, it's recommended to make a rehearsal shooting, before using the remote control system.
● Please treat and protect carefully in shooting the camera with the HDP-2800ES lens on. Please remove the HDP-2800ES lens from the camera whenever a shooting is over, and do not carry around the camera with the lens on. It may cause damages or spoil the lens and the camera as well.
● With the HDP-2800ES lens on, usually do focus the camera under Auto Focus mode. In using the replaced interchangeable lens or in operating under the Special Scene mode, there may be possibility of not focusing precisely.
● For resolving the matter of vignetting (darkened or cutting off the
image corners) on the still image obtained with the HDP-2800ES lens on,
while maintaining the max. diagonal fish-eye effect, it's recommended
to use an image treatment software and make an appropriate trimming. See the example photos.
● Although you may detect a white dot in the HDP-2800ES lens sometimes when looking into from the front, but it's not out of normal and would not affect any of image quality.
● The focusing zoom range with the HDP-2800ES lens on will vary depending on the model of High Definition camera in use, and generally speaking the focusing zoom range is from the end of wide angle point up to mid zoom area. No focusing at the telephoto zoom range.
● When mounting the HDP-2800ES lens onto the High Definition camera, we recommend set the camera vertically and do it carefully. ● Exposing the conversion lens to a warm atmosphere in an instant way from the cold area may create some dew on and inside the lens. When it happened inside the lens, keep the lens in a dry area till the dew disappear before using. Repeating such may leave dirt spot - (mildew) and affect the image. ● All of Raynox conversion lenses are proudly made in Japan. At our owned manufacturing subsidiary, every stage of production is rigorously checked and tested so that the lens elements compensate effectively for astigmatism, distortion and spherical aberration.... for an excellent image quality. ● The lens is neither made for dust-free nor moisture/water-proof. * The 5x zoom compatibility mentioned above is based on the actual test data made with the under 10x zoom HD camcorder, and depending upon the model of camera lens you use, effective zooming may become less than 5x. For finding the suitable camera models please visit our Raynox Home Page and see the Cross Reference Table.
** A designing calculation figure.